14 March 2013

Deja Vu All Over Again

Personal Log:

[Feb 13, 2386 13:25] (Sec Lev 12)

Loc: Victory_ Hectora 1 (Rhynoa)

Estimated Safe Launch Window Time: T-282 hr

This is beginning to get tiresome in more ways than one. I have not slept in over 24 hours and the temptation to use a combat stim pack grows by the hour. All I want is to finish with current to do list, eat, shower and sleep. The only thing keeping me stim free is I know using combat drugs to cure sleep deprivation is a good way to rack up a serious body count.

Negotiations with Atum are reaching a delicate phase and every time I leave the turbo-lift on my way to nailing down an agreement a new crisis rears its head and I am called away to fight the crisis of the hour. I was 20 meters from the meeting room and I was prepared to get concessions in exchange for a sweet deal for my guest. There is no secret he is nervous being on-board the Victory and not governing his people. What he does not know is I know what he is after but is unwilling to say.

During our last communication I had to laugh. We are engaged in a contest of will and cunning. Both of us are adept at the art of shadow ops and love the game we are playing. Atum may not know it yet but I hold the key to his continued survival. In our last encounter "Golqua" actually sounded overtly flirtatious. When a scoundrel calls you by a pet name it is a good idea to unsheath your claws and watch your back. While I am flattered on a superficial level I could sense he was paying attention to something else in his cabin. I can only assume he has repaired his holographic "assistant"

Unfortunately once again I received a message calling me back to Echolynn base ASAP. I seriously doubt it will be good news. Gunny pings me and we meet at teleport chamber Alpha for the trip. We are grimly contemplating the reason for the recall. If the head of security and top ranking Earth Intel officer are clueless it is not a good sign. One thing which raises eyebrows is the message routing code. It is not from the Major as we would expect, it was clearly from Dr. Asham Rashid. Why our MD is issuing command orders makes no sense unless the Major has become even more reclusive and withdrawn than the last time I saw him.

I would have liked the luxury of flying Banshee 2 to the base, but I know it is faster and given my situation safer to teleport there. I am not old fashioned and fear the transfer. My main concern is arriving and being forced to wait 12 precious hours till the Victory is once again within the arc of our transmission window. I want to wrap things up and get back on-board Victory. There is ray of sunshine. I need to talk with Anton, Lenny, and Ardree should be arriving on the Gendauw courier ship with the plans for advanced escape pods. When the base was abandoned during the mutiny, all the pods were launched. Paetra's gift of Gendauw technology is much appreciated. When scanning logs from the base I noticed newly found artifacts on a manifest. It seems Peter is enabling Che to hoarde items and not share the information without a fight.

Energize! I can feel the effects of the transfer as I become a sparkling ghost on the transporter pad. I'm going, going, gone.

Transmission Ends:

No comments:

Post a Comment